Sunday, September 23, 2018

First Blessing, First Transfer, Lots of Service

September 10, 2018
     I gave my first Blessing this week, there is a family in our ward (they're actually our recent converts and are super awesome!). But they are going through some hard times and having some family issues, so we went over with the bishop and sat down and talked with them and then afterward gave them a blessing. It was stressful, but it was cool. 
   We went to the dog shelter again this week and walked some dogs, the first set we walked were 4 puppies that were super cute but didn't know how to walk on a leash, so it just turned into us dragging them as a group along. But the next set we did was much better. I found a huge Husky who was super chill and walked by my side the whole time. Towards the end of the walk I ran with her for a a little ways and it was satisfying on a primal level. 
     We had transfer calls on Saturday. We got a call, but no leadership calls were extended which is usually the only reason you get a call. But we found out later that president just forgot, and my companion is getting made a district leader in Wenachee. He's pretty shook about it. It's funny. But I am leaving and getting a new trainer. I'm getting sent to Selah a place called Naches. I have heard good things about the area and there are mountains there, So I'm happy. I miss the mountains. There aren't any here in Moses Lake, but I'm sad to leave. We have some awesome members here. We have transfers on Wednesday.
     We did some service (see pic) and had some really good steak so that's cool. 

September 17, 2018

Well I got transferred out of Moses Lake. I'm not too happy about that because I was just starting to really like Moses Lake, but I guess there are worse things that could've happened. I'm in a little town called Naches. It's like an Idaho version of Fairview/Hideaway Valley. The members here are super awesome.
     Last week I was having a really hard time and wasn't sure if I was suppose to be in the area because I wasn't really ready to leave Moses Lake. I was kinda just feeling down in the dumps and sorta lonely, but we stopped by a member who has had a lot of trials in her life, and we were able to connect very well.  It really lifted my spirits. So that was nice. 
     We did some service at some other member's house and built a fire pit. So that was fun. We did a wood cutting service project on Saturday and that was a good time--a little wave of nostalgia. I attached a picture of the wood stack.
You'll notice that my part is neatly stacked and the rest of it is just kinda piled on there.:)

     That's awesome that Mac is back from his mission and Tyler too.

No comments:

Post a Comment