Monday, December 9, 2019

November 18, 2019
    Well this past week has been full of great things happening and lots of craziness. Probably the craziest thing that happened was when we were walking past a major intersection in Yakima and this lady in traffic yells at us and asks us if we could talk to her. We motioned for her to pull off into a nearby parking lot. We ended up talking to her for over an hour about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. It was a really cool experience. She has a genuine desire to learn, so hopefully we can keep her on a roll. We have also been able to get some more people on track and meeting with us again. I am currently comps with an Elder Allen. I'm serving in Yakima 3rd ward. 
     That's awesome that the house is coming along good. Hopefully the weather holds for a little longer. 
     
Love, 
Elder Walker 

November 25, 2019
    This week has been pretty good. We had an activity where we drew the Salt Lake Temple, I'll attach my drawing so you can tell me what you think. Not too much craziness has happened. We had zone conference and that was fun. I just hung out with the boys all day. We have had some good things happening with our people. But my comp is kinda being hard. It's still good though. The other 2 Elders we are living with make it a lot of fun. 
     It sounds like y'all have had a pretty crazy week. Abby sent me the video of the gender reveal. I wish I could've been there for that.  The house also sounds like it is coming along nicely.  
Thanks for the email, 
Love  
Elder Walker

December 2, 2019
     The past week has been all over the place. Thanksgiving was pretty sweet. We had 2 dinners that day. Both of them were awesome. One of the families we ate with deep fried their turkey, it was soo good. We'll have to try doing that when i'm home next year.
   
    Things are going well here. We started teaching a lady named Kelly this week who told us she wants to join our church. We have a lesson with her tomorrow and we are planning on putting her on date. We're pretty stoked for it. most of our people that we're working with are slow burners and not too much is happening with them. 
   How was Thanksgiving for yall? We had a good time. How is school and the house going? Dad emailed me pictures of him sweeping the roof off. I wish I was around to help out more. 
Love,
Elder Walker
 December 9, 2019
     This week has been all over the place. We went caroling as a district which was pretty fun. We also found a new guy named Carlos who is super cool. He used to live on a super ghetto street here in Yakima, but he moved before we found him when I was in that area. So now we get to teach him. Sister Stapley came back to visit the mission on Sunday. She was at the same church building I was on Sunday, so we got to talk for a bit. 
     Things have been a bit rocky with the comp, but I'm making it work. 
Sorry for the short email,
Love 
Elder Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment