Tuesday, November 5, 2019

October 7, 2019
     Things here have been pretty good. General Conference was awesome. We got to watch the Sunday morning session at the home of some members from the Randall Park Ward ( Van De Venters). So that was fun. We watched the afternoon session at the Mission Home, and that was super awesome. Elder Bednar's talk was probably my favorite talk. They were all really good though. I had a big meeting with all of the zone leadership on Thursday. That went pretty good.  Yesterday I conducted my first baptismal interview. It went pretty smooth. It was really quick, but the guy was all ready to go. Otherwise not a whole lot has been happening. We are going through our area book and really cleaning it out. It's kinda depressing that we're having to get rid of a bunch of people, but it's gotta happen. 
     That's good that things are going good back home. How has the weather been over there? it has been much more pleasant here this past week. Its actually been feeling like fall.
     Sorry this email has been so short. not much has really happened this week: just meetings and the missionary grind. 
     Hope Y'All are doing good. 
Love,
Elder Walker
October 28, 2019
     Things have been going good. We have had a semi crazy week. It started off pretty chill, not a whole lot out of the ordinary was happening. On Saturday we had our ward Halloween party. That was pretty fun they had a bunch of different soups and had a bunch of games for the kids and then had a trunk or treat. That was pretty fun. On Sunday we got a call from some Hermanas that live next door to us. Their toilet had burst a pipe and their apartment had flooded. We ended up moving out that afternoon and they are moving into our apartment since it was next door. We are in a bit of a limbo right now because we moved into an apartment that I have lived in before and the two Elders who are there are super cool and we are all just a bunch of homies but we might have to move across town into the Zone Leaders apartment. We don't want to and It wouldn't make much sense, but we might have to. 

     Other than that things have been good. We had some really good lessons this week and got some more really good ones set up for the coming week. This is the last week before transfers, so next Saturday we'll find out what is happening and if anyone is moving. I kinda hope I get to stay. I did get my packages. Thanks for that. 
     Thats good that James got a deer and Abby is starting to feel a bit better. Maybe when I get back I'll get into hunting a bit more. We were talking with some members last night about shooting, and I realized how much I miss shooting. iI was fun though.
     Thanks for the email, I'll try and Call today, but I'm not sure if it'll happen.

Love,
Elder Walker
November 4, 2019
     This week has been crazy, We have been jumping apartments again. We ended up moving in with the Zone Leaders and I was pretty bummed about that. We also got transfer calls this past weekend and as it turns out we are being doubled out. I was very surprised and a little salty about it because two transfers ago we were doubled in and now they're taking us both out. On the Bright side, I am still going to be in Yakima -- just in a different ward and stake. I'll be in a walking area, which isn't great, but it should be fine. The next few days we'll be scrambling to get everything in order for the two new Elders coming in. We've also started the missionary goodbye shuffle --going around and saying goodbye to all the members and people we've been teaching. I'm sad to be leaving this area. We were just getting things to where they were up and running semi-smooth. 
     Elder Williamson (my comp) is going up to Okangagon where I came from before I was here in Yakima. He's a little stressed about it, but it should be fine. 
     Things are going good. I'm glad I'm not leaving the Yakima Valley, but I'm sad that I'll be leaving this area.
Love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment