Sunday, March 3, 2019

Freezing February in Yakima Washington


February 25, 2019
This past week has been good. Brandy was baptized on Friday. it was kinda a train wreck because it was my first time planning a baptism and my comp sucks at planning, but we got it done. It was really cool: when she came up out of the water she was struggling to hold it together, so the spirit was pretty strong. Other than that it's been a pretty normal week. We've been getting more snow--so that's been making it hard to get out, but we've been getting out a little bit more. 
     We had dinner with a member on Saturday. We got talking about where we were all from, and I mentioned that I was from Mt Pleasant; the wife (she's grandma aged) said that she lived in Fairview for several years, so we started throwing out names of people we might know and come to find out she is Cody Booher's Grandma. It was crazy but kinda cool. We have transfers on the 27th, we are both staying, but we are both getting new companions, so there will be 4 missionaries in the ward. I'm not really sure what the thought process was behind that but we'll see how it goes. 

Thanks for the email,
Love,
Elder Walker


Feb 18, 2019
Things are going well. This week was a little different. My comp was sick for the whole week, so we spent most of it inside. It was a little frustrating, but I did get to go on some exchanges. It was good to get out and about some. We did get to work with our investigator who is still on track to be baptized on the 22nd, so we are all super stoked about that. Transfers are coming up on the 27th, and we've got a specialized training on the 20th, so we're in for an exciting few days here coming up. 
     I think the new change to the communication is super cool. I think it'll be a great support system.
     Thanks for the email,
Love,
Elder Walker
ps. sorry there aren't any photos, we didn't really do anything that I could've taken a picture of. 



February 11, 2019

7 months today. That's crazy to think about. 

     Things have been good here. We've been having a ton of snow. Compared to Utah its pretty normal, but here in Washington people don't know how to handle it very well. The weather has been keeping us in sometimes and last p-day some of the Elders from Zillah got stranded here and had to sleep over with us. 
     More craziness happened this week. There was an Elder in Wenatchee that had to go home for some mental issues and Elder Chidester got emergency transferred up there. Now it's just me and Elder Heaps. We've been working with a Lady named Brandy for the past week to get her to quit smoking. She's been doing awesome and has gone over a week without smoking. She's on date for baptism for the 22nd. 
     Transfers are in 2 weeks, so that's pretty crazy too. It'll be interesting to see what happens and whether or not I get transferred. It'd be kinda cool if I did so I could see Jennifer at the transfer site. 
     I'm doing good on socks; I did get the oxygen drops. For my birthday could you send some of the amino acid powder that dad usually would get me? I'm working out religiously (pun intended) and I'm kinda missing it.  

Thanks for the email.
Love,
Elder Walker





No comments:

Post a Comment