Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January 28, 2019

This week has been super good: On Thursday we got a new Elder in our apartment, so there is 3 of us in a companionship. He had some stuff go down with his comp, and he had to come here. His leg is also wrecked right now, so that's kinda sad, but we made the most of it and nicknamed him Wheels, lol.  The work here has been good--a little slow now that we have a dude with crutches we have to keep with us, but we've had some good lessons this week. I'm really looking forward to Saturday because I've got a baptism in Naches I'm going to get to go back for, so that'll be sweet. 
Thats sad that dad wrecked the car again--it is a little funny though. I'm glad that Abby and Midnight are both getting better. 
Thanks for the email
love,
Elder Walker

January 21, 2019
Transfers were good and went smoothly. The new companion is super sweet. We get along great, so that is cool. The area is right in the middle of Yakima, so that's a little different. But the ward seems pretty cool. It's made up of a bunch of oddballs, so I fit right in--lol. 
Thats good that Jamie's performances went well. Hopefully now she's got more time to do fun stuff. That's not good that Midnight is hurt. I hope she gets feeling better. 
Your talk looks pretty sweet.  Glad it went well.
     The apartment address is 1403 Perry Loop  #2 Yakima, Washington 98902 
     Thanks for the email. I'm having the time of my life here with this new comp! So thanks for the prayers. They worked. 
Love,
Elder Walker



January 14, 2019
     We are getting doubled out (both of us are leaving Naches).
We got transfer calls on Saturday and found out that we are both getting transferred. I am going to Yakima, so that'll be interesting. I'm kinda salty about it, but it should be alright. I'm going to be companions with an Elder Chidister, who's first name is, get this, Walker. So that'll be funny.  
     This week was good though. The people the Bishop's family brought to church are super cool and are definitely going to make their baptism date. We had a super bomb lesson with them last Monday. We had two families from the ward over with that lesson and they were all teaching along side us. It was sweet! They are both having really great experiences reading the Book of Mormon, so they are pretty much sold on it. 
     Otherwise this week has been pretty good--a little stressful because of transfer calls, but not bad. We were able to get back in contact with some people we hadn't seen in awhile. We also had a guy we are teaching give us a Catechism of the catholic church. 
     Sunday was a whole bunch of saying goodbye. It was kinda sad. I really have grown to love these people, but I guess my time has come. We got pictures with several families we were really close with. One of them is the Ojas (the family we had Christmas eve dinner with). 
     I've been getting back into working out seriously. I have a goal to add 75 pushups to my regiment each month so I'm at 325 and I'm seeing some results, so that's cool. 
     I'm a little nervous about the new companion but also excited. How bad could it be, right? 
     Thanks for the email. Don't bother with the other scarf-- 2 should be fine for me.
Love,
Elder Walker



January 7, 2019
This week has been pretty good. We had exchanges on Wednesday and ended up having a sleep over with the Zone Leaders. That was a good time. It was also kinda funny because my comp was freaking out about it; I'm not sure why, but it was mildly amusing. We had some really good lessons this week with that family we've been working with (Jake and Trena Bultena). They came to church yesterday, and we put them on date for baptism for the 23rd of February. I'm really excited to see how they continue to progress. We had a great FHE with the bishop and his family last week. The investigator had some really good questions and was very impressed with our church, so we are going over there tonight. Hopefully that goes well. They have come to church for the past 2 weeks. 
Thanks for the email,
Love,
Elder Walker  




No comments:

Post a Comment