Monday, November 19, 2018




October 29
This week was pretty good. It started off a little irritating though: we had to go get an oil change and get the tires rotated on P-day. It didn't even take 15 minutes to get the oil changed, but when we went to get the tires rotated, we were there for 3 1/2 hours. I was more than a little salty about that because it pretty much shot our p-day, and I could have done it in 20 minutes. But after that the week went pretty smooth. Not really anything new happened-- just business as usual. We did get to go and meet with a guy who has been having a hard time coming to church because of some of the people there. But when we met with him we had the bishop there (who is super awesome), and we had a really good conversation. I think we put some things in motion, so hopefully that continues to progress. On Wednesday we had dinner with a new family in the ward, the Burnetts. They were super cool. They're an older couple who are building a house in our ward. The husband is retired FBI, so we got to talking about careers and guns and motorcycles (he rides too), so that was a lot of fun.  

November 5
Yeah the pictures from last week are in apple orchards. It's super pretty down here, but it is getting cold.

The work here is going good. We've got a few new people we're teaching. We had a blitz this past week and that was good. We've been staying pretty busy. We carved pumpkins at the Rasmussen's at the end of the blitz, so that was fun. 

November 12
This week has flown by. It started off a little gnarly with me hurting my finger. It has healed up pretty good by now though. We had some really good lessons this week and had invited several people to church, and they said they would come but none of them did. We did have the primary program this week though and a linger longer after. My companion had never seen a linger longer before, and he was struck with amazement. It was a lot of fun though. We've got some really good people in our ward here. 

The companionship has gotten a little better. We still butt heads, but it's better. 
To answer your question, a blitz is when another companionship comes to our area, and we both work in the area for the day. 

November 19
 Facebook post: Romans 8:38-39
We just got a text about your package from the mission office, so we're going to go pick that up today. Thanks for sending it. Time here is starting to fly. It's a little crazy that I've been out for more than 4 months already.  Dad told me about the crash. I'm really glad he wasn't hurt. I've been hearing horror stories about the I-15 corridor even up here in Washington.

Things have been going well here. We finally got some of our people we're teaching to church yesterday. Only one of them stayed for the whole 3 hours, but it was good to finally get them there. We also had a church tour on Saturday night that went really well.

I've been trying to read the New Testament from start to finish before the end of the year. It's been really sweet reading it. I feel like Utah Mormon culture really overlooks the Bible, and some of the gems that are in there. I just read Romans chapter 8 a few days ago, and I think that might be one of my favorite chapters out of the scriptures. If you get some time, go give that a read. 
Zone Conference

Not a whole lot of pictures this week. I'm not sure if you saw my Facebook post the other day, but it's from Romans 8. 
Thanks for the email and the package. 
Love, 
Elder Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment