Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Made it to Yakima!


This week has been really good. We are all ready to leave the MTC and get to work. We are flying out on Tuesday so this is now our day to email. We report to the travel office at 5:15 am. There are 6 in our travel group and 4 of them are in our district so that's nice. We had a super long Sunday yesterday because we are leaving. We were in meetings basically from 8:30 in the morning until 9:00 at night. We will be packing up tonight, and we have to keep all our bags under 50 lbs, so if I'm over I'll probably be sending some stuff back. 

This week has helped me learn so much about the gospel. We had another teaching assignment this week. He was named Paul and was super cool to teach. He was super chill and asked a lot of sincere questions. We committed him to be baptized, but he was a lot more fun to teach than Ethan was from last week. 

We sang a song in sacrament meeting as a district. We sang Gethsemane, I remember you guys singing that a while ago. It was pretty cool, and the Branch Presidency loved it. I think somebody took a video of us singing, so if I can get a hold of it I'll send it. 

Me and elder Perry taught district meeting on Sunday as well. 

I would invite you all to watch a conference talk by Elder Packer called The Twenty Mark Note. It talks about how the Spirit's promptings work. I also would invite you to watch Elder Bednar's Discerning Light videos. They also have really good insight on how to pay better attention to he Spirits promptings. 

Thanks for the email. Tell dad to go ahead and put my bike on the market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment