Wednesday, February 26, 2020

January 13, 2020
The past week has been pretty good. On Tuesday did exchanges with the Zone Leaders. The Elder I was with is super cool. He loves cars and guns so we got along great. It was a lot of fun. On Wednesday we had Zone Conference. It was pretty fun. They did a Mission Impossible themed skit to kick it off. This weekend we had another exchange, which was pretty good too. We had some good lessons and found a few new people then too. Saturday night was when we commemorated my 18th month mark. In this mission the tradition is that you burn some pants and wear a dress too. It's pretty funny. I guess the Idea is that all the sister missionaries who came out with me would be going home at 18 months, so the Elders wear a dress. Its crazy that I've been out for 18 months.
    How have things been going back home? How has school been going now that you're back in session? How did Jamie's play go? 
Hope Y'all are doing good.
Love,
Elder Walker
January 20, 2020
This week has been pretty good. We recently set a goal as a Zone to find 100 people this month so we've been grinding to find people. A bunch of potentials we were trying to work with dropped us this week. one night we had 4 people drop us in a row. but we did find 4 new people this week. Yesterday we weren't finding anybody to talk to. It was a super slow day and we were getting a little discouraged. But we decided to go by this one lady who we haven't been able to talk to but she said she wanted to talk to us. We knocked on her door and she invited us in. We taught her the first lesson and gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon. She said she would read it and wanted us to come back. It was super cool to be reminded that there are people out there who are searching for the truth. and we sometimes need to go the distance to find those people.  
   Hope y'all are doing good,
Love,
Elder Walker

January 27, 2020
Things have been going good. We got a pretty bomb referral from a member who lives here. His name is Clayton, and he's currently living in a halfway house because he just got out of prison.  He's pretty cool and has some solid potential to get baptized sometime soon. Otherwise the work has been pretty normal. Transfer calls came this Saturday and my companion Elder Allen is getting transferred up to Oroville, way up by Omak and the Canadian border. I also got news that I am going to be training a new missionary, straight out of the MTC. I'm pretty stoked for it. Also Elder Ison is going to be coming back to Yakima and we're probably going to be living together. I'm so pumped for that. He's my District
Leader too, so I'll be going on some bomb exchanges.  
     Thats good that the house is still progressing good.  Abby told me a little about her sickness. it sounds pretty trash. Hopefully she gets feeling better soon. School sounds like its been busy. 
     Thanks for the email, good luck with school.
Love,
Elder Walker
February 3, 2020
This week has been super fun. We had our transfers on Wednesday, so Tuesday was spent saying goodbye to people, and a few lessons and Elder Allen packing his stuff for the long trip to Oroville. He was super excited about going to banishment. I thought it was funny because my last companion also went to the same district in banishment right after he was with me. On Wednesday we got last minute things taken care of. I bought some sick Cole Haan Shoes that are super fly. And went to a meeting for all the trainers. We finally got to the Transfer site and got Elder Allen all squared away with his luggage. I really like transfer sites because a lot of the Homies are always there, so we just hang out until people figure out all the logistics. This transfer site was no different and probably one of the funnest ones I've had. 
     Because all the ward boundaries changed last week there has been a lot of confusion, but we're working out most of the kinks. But we found out that we are sharing one of the new wards with 3 fun Elders. We've already been having a ton of fun. All we do is just roast each other and it's so hilarious. At the transfer site I finally met my trainee. He's a pretty cool dude from Murray, Utah. He came  fresh out of high school. He's a huge swimmer and played water polo and swam on the high school team. We get along pretty great. It's been pretty fun to be able to train a new missionary. It brings back a lot of memories from my days of being trained back in Moses Lake and Naches. I don't miss being a young missionary. 




February 10, 2020
This Week has been so crazy. We had a good couple of days. We found 2 new people to teach and taught a fair amount. We got back in contact with a family we were teaching and they invited us to dinner this Friday. This family is super cool. The dad is a judge here in Yakima, and we always have very deep conversations about the gospel and different doctrines, It's a lot of fun. We had Trainer Trainee on Thursday. It was a great time. We met with all of the trainers and the new missionaries and all learned about how we can all do better. I really enjoyed it because it really taught me how I can be a good trainer. I also reflected on my own training as a missionary. This week was going great until we got out of trainer trainee and we looked at our area book. We were very dismayed to find that all of our people we were training and our potentials and all of the people who were dropped were all gone. The only people we had were the members. I guess with all the boundary changes to the wards the mission has been trying to figure out all of the new areas and who all goes into them.  They are still trying to figure it out, but we're trying to make the best of it. The highlight of the week was this Sunday when we had a ward meet and greet at the church. We were there with another companionship who is also training. One of the trainers and I are super tight. 
.    I'll call later on today and we'll talk about everything. Dad sent me a big long email about everything and I've definitely been thinking about it. 
    Thanks for the email,
Love,
Elder Walker

February 24, 2020
Things here in Yakima have been pretty good. We had a few really fun service projects. One of them was at an old folks home where we sang hymns to them and then played cards with them. It was pretty sick. Another service project we did was we went over to a part member family and cleaned up their backyard. The funnest part of it was when we gathered up all the brush that was around from trimming and then burned it all. It was pretty fun. I had flashbacks to home when we would have big ol' bonfires. It was fun to reminisce for a sec though. We also had exchanges with the Zone Leaders this past week since I'm training a new missionary. It was a lot of fun. I was with an Elder Keller who is super cool. We talked dirt bikes and motorcycles for most of the exchange. We had some really good lessons in and got a lot done. 
Love,
Elder Walker






No comments:

Post a Comment